We are looking for a full-stack Sr Software Engineer with LAMP/LEMP stack and eCommerce experience to join our agile development team.
Everyone at Hip eCommerce takes creative initiative, helps set their own priorities, and comes up with new ways to grow our business. Our software engineers take great pride in creating outstanding software, but take even more pride in product ownership, bringing ideas from concepts, to MVPs, further iterations and beyond. They're also self-motivated, and take the initiative to get things done. Have an idea? Make a pitch, and turn it into reality!
About Hip eCommerce
With over 1,000 Sellers, 100,000 Members and 10 Million Listings - it’s an exciting time at Hip eCommerce! In the past twelve months, we’ve doubled GMV - to over $15 Million annualized across our three marketplaces: HipStamp.com - the Stamp Marketplace, HipPostcard.com - the Postcard Marketplace and HipComic.com - the Comic Book Marketplace.
About the Team
This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a quickly growing team of passionate, talented and experienced individuals.
- Iteratively design, implement, and deliver software features for our existing code base, and refactoring existing code to higher quality standards.
- Develop public and internal facing APIs.
- Maintain feature test coverage across code bases to maintain high code quality.
- Participate in micro-service design and development.
- Being more than an engineer - a product owner who wants to interact with customers, break down large problems, help set your own priorities, and follow up on the performance of your features to know how they impact customers directly.
- 5+ years of PHP OOP development experience.
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks (ZF2/3), Slim, Symfony, Laravel), and PSR experience.
- E-commerce experience and Payment processor experience strongly desired.
- Experience with micro-services architecture and APIs
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. phpunit, behat, codeception, selenium).
- Full-stack and SPA experience (e.g. React, Vue, Angular) is a plus (We use Vue!).
- Experience with Agile teams and DevOps culture is a plus.
- A curiosity and ability to ramp up on new technologies quickly where appropriate.
- Great communication skills, and a desire to collaborate across departments and with customers.
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Healthcare Plan, 100% paid by the company.
- Unlimited personal / vacation days.
- $100/month wellness allowance.
- $250/month dog daycare and/or child daycare allowance.
- Short term and long term disability.
- Premium headphones and a subscription to Spotify.
- Turn your desk into your own distraction free concentration zone at any time.
- Drinks, snacks and weekly catered lunches.
- Have you been using your work laptop for 3 years? It's time for an update!
- After 3 years, we'll wipe your work computer clean of any business related items, and then it becomes your own property to do with as you see fit.
If you're interested in joining the team at Hip eCommerce, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us why you're right for the position. As we build our team, building our culture is extremely important to us, so write to us and tell us what you’re all about!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying