We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer with strong experience in modern Progressive Web Apps to join our agile development team. This is a full-time, remote-based position, working approximately 9 am to 5 pm Eastern Time, Monday-Friday.
About Hip eCommerce
Hip eCommerce, Inc. is a profitable, VC-backed startup, with annualized GMV of $20 Million, which operates collectible-specific marketplaces: HipComic, HipStamp and HipPostcard. With over 1,500 Sellers, 150,000 Members, 10 Million Listings and, having just raised a $5 Million+ Series A round to expand our product and team, it’s an exciting time at Hip eCommerce! Within the $200 Billion worldwide market of collectibles, there are many unique categories. Hip eCommerce believes that by creating specific marketplaces, built from the ground up to understand how collectors browse, search and collect each type of collectible, we can deliver an exceptional customer experience for both buyers and sellers.
About the Team
We’re a team of 25+ passionate, talented, and experienced individuals working remotely around the world. Following our Series A round, we’re now hiring for up to 40 new positions over the next few months!
- Be part of our Agile, DevOps focused, distributed team building cloud-native applications.
- Iteratively design, implement, and deliver software features for our existing and new codebases, and refactor existing code to higher quality standards using modern best practices.
- Apply your passion for clean, modern user interfaces, and a frictionless user experience to build progressive web applications with service workers, modern tools, and language features.
- Enhance existing and develop new public and internal-facing web applications using Vue.js and Vuetify.
- Maintain feature test coverage across codebases to maintain high code quality using tools such as Jest and Selenium.
- Participate in microservice design and development with Docker and Kubernetes.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of advanced Vue.js usage, with experience in data management using Vuex. Experience with Vuetify strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of web markup languages including HTML5 and CSS, along with an understanding of browser quirks and related skills needed to develop a robust and elegant front-end.
- E-commerce experience and Payment processor experience strongly desired.
- Full-stack experience is a plus.
- Curiosity and ability to ramp up on new technologies quickly where appropriate.
- Great communication skills, and a desire to collaborate across departments and with customers
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership, and driving results
- Ability to develop and articulate strategy and perform tactically
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options (US-based employees).
- Unlimited personal/vacation days.
- Healthcare plan 100% paid by the company for employees.
- Monthly wellness allowance.
- Monthly Internet allowance.
- 401K (US-based employees).
- Short term and long term disability (US-based employees).
- Monthly music allowance.
- Have you been using your work laptop for 3 years? It's time for an update! After 3 years, we'll wipe your work computer clean of any business-related items, and then it becomes your own property to do with as you see fit.
If you're interested in joining the team at Hip eCommerce, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As we build our team, building our culture is extremely important to us, so write to us and tell us what you’re all about!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying