We are looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer with strong experience in Google Cloud/GKE to join our agile development team.
This is a full-time, remote-based position, working approximately 9 am to 5 pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri.
About Hip eCommerce
Hip eCommerce, Inc. is a profitable, VC-backed startup, with annualized GMV of $20 Million, which operates collectible-specific marketplaces: HipComic, HipStamp, and HipPostcard. With over 1,500 Sellers, 150,000 Members, 10 Million Listings, and having just raised a $5 Million+ Series A round to expand our product and team - it’s an exciting time at Hip eCommerce!
Within the $200 Billion worldwide market of collectibles, there are many unique categories. Hip eCommerce believes that by creating specific marketplaces, built from the ground up to understand how collectors browse, search and collect each type of collectible, we can deliver an exceptional customer experience for both buyers and sellers.
About the Team
We’re a team of 25 passionate, talented, and experienced individuals working remotely around the world. Following our Series A round, we’re now hiring for up to 40 new positions over the next few months!
- Iteratively design, implement, and deliver software features and tests for our existing code base, and refactor existing code to higher quality standards using modern best practices.
- Develop public-facing and internal API-first microservices.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Participate in microservice design and development.
- Take ownership of services and applications at scale
- Be passionate about technology, especially open source and cloud-native.
- Being more than an engineer - a product owner who wants to interact with customers, break down large problems, help set your own priorities, and follow up on the performance of your features to know how they impact customers directly.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience deploying and maintaining web applications in an agile environment.
- 3+ years of Kubernetes experience (Google Cloud/GKE, Helm)
- Experience using GitLab CI
- E-commerce experience and Payment processor experience strongly desired.
- Curiosity and ability to ramp up on new technologies quickly where appropriate.
- Great communication skills, and a desire to collaborate across departments and with customers (2 to 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in e-commerce).
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to develop and articulate strategy and perform tactically
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary.
- Unlimited personal / vacation days.
- A monthly health-care allowance.
- A monthly wellness allowance.
- A monthly Internet allowance.
- A monthly music allowance.
- If you're interested in joining the team at Hip eCommerce, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As we build our team, building our culture is extremely important to us, so write to us and tell us what you’re all about!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying